Friday, October 2, 2009

I decided to take a walk today to feel the fresh air of MURUGESPALYA and this turned out to be a "walk to remember" (wish it were like the movie but DAMN I was alone).
I passed a corner which is crowded on a normal day, normal afternoon, normal evening, normal night. This is the corner where all the thirsty men quench their thirst. Before u start coming to any conclusions, this is the place where liquor is sold. Today being Gandhi Jayanti, the corner was over crowded. Yes, you read it right. It was over crowded. it turned out that the men were over-thirsty today. There was a small boy inside the huge gate who was supplying stuff. When i was nearing the place, there were around 7-8 men. They were staring at me like they were dogs (They looked like f*&#ed up dogs). I really freaked out when i saw Police men right in front of the place. I mean What the F*%$, all this was happening in front of the KANOON. I was shit scared to be walking alone in the bright daylight and in front of those MEN and esp. the POLICE.
The irony here is that today is Gandhi Jayanti who once upon a time said something about women being able to walk alone in the night. Sirjee, its getting difficult to walk alone in the daylight. KUDOS. I personally am not a big fan of Gandhi coz of various reasons. I better keep my mouth shut about this or else i might be thrown out of my PARTY.
Getting back to the "WALK", I am obviously not gonna walk alone again. For all those BIG MOUTHS who say "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANNA SEE" -- A Woman can never be the DAMN change that she wants to see. Not in this f*&$ing 21st century.

4 comments:

Adam said...

maa thaayi.. Don't roam at nights for walks..atleast not to hideous spots that u know of!
No Ram rajya or Gandhi rajya will ever come, pepper spray and maybe a handgun someday will be the only things which will allow women to walk fear-'less'..

shilpa said...

I am gonna buy a pepper spray this weekend but i was walking in the bright daylight.

Adam said...

hehe.. atta girl! Daylight?? then probably they were having majjige!! hehe.. Anyway,enay barali-spray jothe irali..

su.. said...

ayyo deva be careful madam..as aashith said no such rajya will ever come..