Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Day at the Airport

I had a tough time writing this essay "A day at the Airport". I hated letter writing, essays and comprehensions, actually. Letter Writing was so so dumb. And guess what, I don't know how to write a formal letter even today. Thats the kinda world we are in right now.Email.

Back to the topic, A day at the Airport - I had been to Bangalore Airport yesterday. I had been there before but the feeling is so different and new every single time. However, it has always left a void feeling every time, I visit the godforsaken place.

The faces that you get to see in the airport is so different
from all the other faces that you get to see in other public places.
The tense look on the parents' face, the happy faces-jumping around, the sad faces-that are leaving with a heavy heart behind, the I-dont-know-whats-happening-here faces (me)- - its such a mixed bag. I constantly tried hard not to look at the sad faces. But they were everywhere. The about-to-cry moms, constantly crying friends (girls), weeping kids, I-cant-cry men.
 When it is you who is traveling, the experience is a bit different. You have the extra burden of what-lies-ahead and that keeps you occupied all the time. And I feel this feeling keeps all the other emotions at bay. Personally, I hate the travel bit. I get air-sick. My neighbour kinda gets sick of me. The food is crap. The smell is yuk. The feeling is very very yuk yuk yuk yuk.

I was there yesterday to see someone off, which I have Never-Ever done. I have always avoided bidding good-byes. But I did it successfully yesterday. No Sweat.

I sincerely pray to god that trains should get faster than flights or telepathy is super-cool.  Devre, plz shut down all the airports.



2 comments:

Anusha said...

" I-cant-cry men" :P
I've only been the airport once and was too excited to read the expressions on the faces of others. And ah, i love trains too :)

shilpa said...

I miss Mys-blr trains (not the crowded passenger)