Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Diwali

Man Wat a diwali I had!!!!The words Pathetic & unfortunate can describe my Diwali the best

I did not fire crackers which I normally do. I did not eat any sweets as I was in bangalore in my BEST PG. I did not wish any of my friends or relatives (except for the ones who wished me). I did not hav the feast on the diwali night an the imp thing bein I was alone in my room lookin at the colourful sky an thinkin abt all those diwali days in bombay with Sindhu an others an the Diwali in mysore with Sumanth , Manasa. Those were some days.

I always used to think tht it'll be fun wen I have money an I can do watevr shit I wanna do. I have started earning now but fun is lost. I hate goin to Pizza Hut now. Back in coll v used to die to go to Pizza Hut an wait for the right moment wen all of us had enougf money to fill our stomach. Hey guys do u remember the GOLKA tht v had. Awesome.

Comin back to my Diwali celebrations. Tht evening I was with my dad searchin 4 a house tht would match my goddamn MYS house by 50%. I walked an walked in every street jus to realize tht I was probably 1 of the unfortunate ones who was not celebratin Diwali. Every Kid in the block was enjoyin with friends an family.Even the street dogs seemed to be havin the time of their lives.

The search for a good house ended at 7.30 after a heated argument with dad abt a house. Came back to my den whr I was alone. Everybody were in their native hoggin on sweets an havin a blast. The whole PG seemed to be empty except for 2 or 3 gals. I went out to stare at the beautiful sky. It was amazin. A kid was tryin to burst a bijli but vehicles an dogs were preventin him. an thr was this gal who lit a rocket an It directly went into somebody's house an her 2nd rocket in some lady's sari.Hehehee. My eyes were wet an before I could do anythingI could feel the moisture on my cheeks too. Each drop trickeled down without my realization.
It was thn I realized tht my mom would be at lightin diyas all alone. She would be watchin all the other kids enjoy. I thn had 4 apples(feast) an I slept. but the sound of the crackers an the laughter were still hauntin my ears.
HAPPY DIWALI.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

chilly thought... The coldest diwali description I've read so far.. maybe next time,u can get up and do something instead of sitting and brooding over it... :)

Anonymous said...

What can I do? Go start playin with kids on the streets? Or start laughin alone in my room an celebtrate. I am not sittin an broodin but I wanted to share my expr this diwali.an I guess the word broodin is quite too much coz thr r times wen u think (not brood)abt wat happened.U cant call it brooding.

Anonymous said...

relax madam..

brood(meaning):
a. To be deep in thought;
b. To focus the attention on a subject persistently and moodily; worry: brooded over the insult for several days.
c. To be depressed.

I guess u can draw ur own conclusion now.. And doing something meant to take ur mind off the diwali stuff...Nvr mnd.. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Diwali dear!! U lied me that u were going to Mysore.. Even my Diwali was something similar to urs but I enjoyed nicely eating nicely, seeing young kids bursting crackers and working on my TP whole day.. We would have celebrated it lil better if u had just given me a call... Dumbo !?! About ur new home,I think u r happy with new home by now.. So enjoy and ....

Anonymous said...

belated diwali wishes.although u dint have quite a blast,here's me sincerely hoping that the next diwali will be spectacular enough to make up for this time.
incidents like this remind us that money is not all important and few things that are irreplaceable in life-gibberish with friends,evening walks with parents etc etc....as simple as mysore is,i think i'm gonna miss a huge part of myself soon....... :(